
WARNING: Below is a copy of a Descriptive Paragraph that I wrote for my English class last semester. As I was listing all of the things I love in the previous post, I remembered that I had an assignment where I was to describe somewhere I'd been. Of course the beach was the first thing I thought of. By the time you are finished reading, hopefully you will see just why I love the beach so much. But be careful! Reading this post may lead to a spontaneous need to jump on a plane and head out East to the shores!
As I walked down the hot, sandy boardwalk planks of the Ocean City boardwalk, I decide to remove my flip-flops because I want to feel the warmth of the wood under my feet. I’ve got my eye set on an empty bench facing the ocean about 75 yards away so I stroll along soaking in all the happenings around me. It’s been years since I’ve been here, however the moment I stepped out of my car the familiarities of this place came flooding back to my memories. With the warmth of the sun beating down on my face I can’t help but squint at the brilliance of the red ball of fire directly above me. I’m almost to my bench now but can somehow feel that something is missing from this picture. I need BOARDWALK FRIES! The only place I know of that sells buckets of fries with the skins on them and instead of being offered ketchup and a napkin, the favorite topping to drench them with is salt and vinegar. An odd combination for fries, so I thought the first time I ate them, now nothing else will suffice when partaking of these long, hot links of fried potatoes haphazardly stuffed into a bucket too large for any one person to consume alone. I lick my lips and realize I’m parched and need the relief of some cold lemonade to quench my thirst. I order both and set off for my bench. The strong scent of salt fills the air and at first I think it’s my steaming fries under my nose, however I soon realize I was distracted by the oceans breeze. As I settle in on my bench, I adjust my sunglasses and gaze out into the eternal horizon. The sea gulls start looming around hoping I’ll drop a fry or perhaps even toss one their way. Not a chance! I come to the conclusion I’ll be sitting here for a while so I’m determined to stand my ground with the gulls and wait for the sun to disappear behind the surfers and mounting waves.
Don't say I didn't warn you! Even MY mouth is watering!






No comments:
Post a Comment